According to Wikipedia, Lawrence Gerard Nassar is an American serial child molester, rapist and former sports medicine osteopathic physician. He was born on August 16, 1963. For 18 years, he was the team doctor of the United States women’s national gymnastics team, where he used his position to exploit, deceive, and sexually assault hundreds of children and young women.
Nassar’s sexual abuse of young girls and women and the subsequent cover-up led to the USA Gymnastics sex abuse scandal that began in 2015, alleging that Nassar repeatedly sexually assaulted at least 265 young women and girls under the guise of medical treatment. His victims included numerous Olympic and United States women’s national gymnastics team gymnasts.
Nassar was sentenced to 60 years in federal prison on December 7, 2017, after pleading guilty to child pornography and tampering with evidence charges on July 11, 2017. On January 24, 2018, Nassar was sentenced to an additional 40 to 175 years in Michigan State prison after pleading guilty in Ingham County to seven counts of sexual assault. On February 5, 2018, he was sentenced to an additional 40 to 125 years in Michigan State prison after pleading guilty to an additional three counts of sexual assault in Eaton County.
On the orders of the judge in charge of the federal case, his state prison sentences are to run consecutively with his federal sentence, ensuring a de facto sentence of life imprisonment without parole. Nassar will be transferred to a Michigan state prison when he is released from federal custody; his two state sentences will be served concurrently. He is a central figure of the 2020 film Athlete A, a documentary about the scandal.
Larry Nassar Career:
Larry Nassar had a long career as a physician, specifically in the field of sports medicine and gymnastics. Here are some key points about his career:
- Education and Training: Nassar earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology from the University of Michigan in 1985. He went on to pursue a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) degree from Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, graduating in 1993.
- USA Gymnastics National Team Doctor: Nassar began working with USA Gymnastics as a team physician in 1986. He was named the national team doctor in 1996 and continued in that position until 2015.
- Michigan State University: Nassar was associated with Michigan State University (MSU) as an associate professor in the College of Osteopathic Medicine. He joined the MSU Sports Medicine Clinic in 1997.
- Olympic Games and Championships: Nassar provided medical care to gymnasts at various prestigious events, including the Olympic Games. He attended four Olympic Games as the team doctor for USA Gymnastics, in 1996, 2000, 2008, and 2012.
- Medical Innovations: Nassar was known for his work in developing new treatment techniques for sports-related injuries, including a technique called the “Nassar Technique” for pelvic floor physical therapy.
- Respected Figure: Nassar gained the trust and respect of many athletes, coaches, and parents due to his prominent role as a team doctor and his reputation as a knowledgeable and caring physician.
- Abuse Scandal: Nassar’s career came to a devastating end when his widespread sexual abuse of young female gymnasts was exposed. The abuse occurred under the guise of medical treatments and occurred over many years. The case brought significant attention to the issue of sexual abuse in sports and led to major investigations and reforms within USA Gymnastics and other organizations.
It’s important to note that while Nassar had a career as a physician, his actions and crimes overshadow any positive contributions he may have made in the field. His abuse of patients has had a profound and lasting impact on the gymnasts he victimized and the broader sports community.
How old is Larry Nassar?
Larry Nassar was born on August 16, 1963. He will celebrate his 60th birthday on the 16th of August 2023.
Larry Nassar Height:
He stands at the height of 1,7 m. His Weight is unknown.
Do Larry have a family?
Larry Nassar is married to his wife, Stefanie and they were blessed with three children. They later separated after the arrest of Nassar, for suspicion of sex crimes. His wife was granted a divorce in July 2017, gaining full custody of their three children.
Larry Nassar Net Worth
Unfortunately, Larry Nassar’s Net Worth is currently unknown. Due to his arrest and detention in prison, Larry has lost his work at the US Gymnastics team and at Michigan State University where he worked as an Osteopathic physician. This has hugely affected his wealth and assets.
You can follow more of Larry Nassar News on Independent.co.uk.
- 10 things you need to know about Larry Nassar
- Vermin Supreme: Bio, Net Worth, Facts on Activist
- Pheelz Biography (Age, Net Worth and more)
- Top 10 Richest Musicians In Nigeria(2023)
- Top 10 Richest Musicians in the World(2023)
- Atiku Abubakar Net Worth And Biography
- Josephine Edochie: All You Need To Know About Her